HOT, NEW AND TIMELY
November 18, 2009
A new computer system
The Grandview Heights Public Library is now using a new computer system, as of November 18, 2009. Enjoy easier searching and better features! Visit our home page and click Catalog or My Account.
- Similar catalog functions with enhanced search options—easier tools for narrowing your searches and more accurate search results.
- Up to three renewals on all items (previously one).
- 28-day circulation for all children’s materials—except movies, which will stay at 4 days.
- “Did you mean?” functionality that offers choices when there are typos or spelling errors.
- Book & author suggestions similar to those you already like.
- The choice to retain your reading history. (Note: This is a public record that can be subpoenaed.)
- Language & text-sizing options.
- Your password (previously your personal identification number, or PIN) becomes private. (See “NOTE” at bottom of page.)
- COMING SOON: Online payment & donation capabilities—at the Library and through our website!
- COMING SOON: Self-checkout!
- Our previous system provided no further updates, questionable support, and an unclear path for the future.
- The new system retains all the features our patrons appreciate, plus easier functions and better tools.
- In tough times, planning is strength. The eight libraries of the Central Library Consortium (CLC) sharing this system saved for this move with money set aside over a span of years.
- To protect our most cost-efficient services and drive down costs. Sharing this system with CLC libraries enables centralizing management and accounting services that saves money.
NOTE: Your password (previously your personal identification number, or PIN) becomes private in our new system. It will be your responsibility to remember it, in order to access your online account or to use the Library’s computers. Staff will not be able to access it, only reset it. If staff resets it, please choose another password the next time you log in to your account, for your protection.