HOT, NEW AND TIMELY
June 16, 2011
Laptops available for in-Library use
Check out a laptop at the Grandview Library!
Ten laptop computers—purchased with grant money for Connect Ohio's free basic computer classes for adults at the Library—are available for patrons to use inside the Library.
Learn about policies regarding laptop checkout and enjoy this convenient service from your Library!
- For ages 18 or older with a Grandview Library card in good standing and a valid state-issued ID.
- Ten laptops are available on a first come, first served basis.
- In-Library use only! Leaving the Library with the laptop or related equipment will be considered theft.
- Must be returned 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- Do not leave laptop unattended. You are responsible for the laptop and all related equipment checked out on your Library card until everything is checked in. Replacement cost for the laptop is almost $1,000.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and PDF printing is available. See a Reference staff member. (Printing: 10¢ per black & white copy; 25¢ per color copy.)
- State-issued ID kept at the Reference Desk during use. It will be returned when laptop and all related equipment are returned.
- All information entered on the laptop will be removed from the laptop when shut down! Users should save all work on their own a disc, personal flash drive, or other device. The Library is not responsible for damaged or lost work due to virus or malfunction of equipment.
- No changes to the laptop’s operating system or system files are allowed.
- The Library’s Internet Policy must be followed. You may access a copy on the laptop’s screen or ask for a paper copy at the Reference Desk.